Orange Coconut Cake
How to make Orange Coconut Cake
– 1 (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
– 1 cup orange juice
– ½ cup vegetable oil
– 3 eggs
– 1 teaspoon orange zest
– 1 (15 oz.) can mandarin oranges, divided
– 1 (5 oz.) large instant vanilla pudding mix (not prepared)
– 2 cup flaked, sweetened coconut, divided
– 1 (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Spray two 9 inch cake pans with nonstick baking spray.
– In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, the orange juice, vegetable oil, eggs, and orange zest.
– Beat on low speed until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
– Bake cakes according to times on package directions. After cooked through, remove from oven and let cool.
– In a mixing bowl, crush the mandarin oranges with their juices.
– Stir in the instant pudding mix and 1 cup of coconut flakes. Fold in the whipped topping. Mix well.
– Take one of the cakes and place on the cake plate. Add a layer of frosting, and place the remaining cake on top. Frost the top and sides of the cake.
– Sprinkle with remaining coconut flakes and garnish with 5-6 of the mandarin orange slices.
– Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours, or overnight.