Slow Cooker Jambalaya
How to make Slow Cooker Jambalaya
– Slow Cooker Jambalaya is loaded with andouille sausage, chicken, and shrimp that gets cooked low and slow to activate the bold spices. This hearty dinner is an effortless meal that is ready with only 10 minutes of prep!
– Slow Cooker Jambalaya is delicious and filling and comes together with hardly any effort at all. Our family favorite slow cooker recipes are normally Honey Garlic Chicken or Beef Tips, but this jambalaya is so good we’ve been adding it into the regular rotation with our favorites.
– Jambalaya doesn’t have to take a lot of work. You can just prep and toss all the ingredients together and let the slow cooker do the work. Or, for an instant flavor boost, brown the sausage with the onions and peppers before adding the ingredients to the slow cooker. Either way the flavors of this dinner will be a huge hit everyone will love!
– 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless, cut into chunks
– 1 pound andouille sausage links sliced
– 1 can diced tomatoes 28 ounces
– 1 large onion chopped
– 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
– 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– 2 teaspoons dried oregano
– 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
– 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1 pound shrimp 13-15 count
Add all the ingredients except the shrimp into the slow cooker and stir.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours (high for 3-4 hours), in the last 15 minutes add in the shrimp.
Serve over rice.